If, one wants to be a quality leader, instead of merely, another one, of – the – pack, it is essential to prioritize, the need to be proactive, consistently, and in a well – considered, planned manner! After, over four decades, of involvement, in, nearly, everything, related to leading, from identifying and qualifying, to training, developing and consulting to thousands of actual, and/ or, potential leaders, to serving and representing constituents, as a leader, on a variety of occasions, I believe, strongly, one must be ready, willing, and able, to proceed forward, without procrastination, if he is to be capable of being, a quality leader! With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 5 key considerations, and actions, which may be most – essential, when it comes, to true leadership!
1. Need for well – considered, timely action: Will you be ready, and equipped, to take timely action, when it is called – for, rather than, resorting to denials, and procrastination, which may seem, easier and more expedient/ comfortable? A true leader, pays keen attention, and consistently, learns from every conversation, experience, and the lessons – learned, by those, who proceeded, him! When you proactively, take well – considered, timely action, the possibilities, are, exponentially, improved, and enhanced!
2. Relevant, strategic planning: Times change, and, sustainable organizations, realize, they must adapt, and evolve, if they are to grow, and make a difference, for the better, towards addressing their mission, and vital, vibrant vision! To do so, one must plan, effectively, by regularly, using real, strategic planning, to identify, the best – paths, forward, and how to proceed!
3. Worst is yet – to – come: When, an obstacle, initially, presents – itself, it is usually, the easiest to address, effectively! When someone resorts to denials, and procrastination, inevitably, the worst, eventually, comes, and future leaders, are left, trying to play catch – up, and address, overdue issues, and concerns!
4. Focus on the best path: Rather than limit the possibilities, to only, the same – old, same – old, strategies, actions, and approaches/ plans, a real leader, focuses on, and emphasizes, the best path, forward, to make a quality difference, for the better!
5. Demand the utmost degree of personal excellence – don’t accept, good – enough: Often, the difference, between, quality leaders, and the rest – of – the – pack, is, the best ones, consistently, demand the utmost degree of their personal excellence, rather than settling for good – enough! Remember, someone is always, watching, and the example, you set, either, inspires and motivates, or, turns – off, those you seek, to inspire!
Are you, ready, willing, and able, to be a proactive leader? Are you fit, to lead, and, up, to the tasks?
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe