After, well – over, four decades, in, nearly all aspects/ areas, related to quality leading, I have observed, although, many people, are, either, elected, selected, and/ or, ascend to some positions of leadership, only, a very – small minority, of them, actually, become true, great leaders! Becoming the finest, possible leader, is, anything, but, COMMON! It takes a special person, to proceed, with the necessary degree of a combination, of meaningful, relevant planning, with a positive, can – do, attitude, and taking the time, and effort, to undergo, professionally, designed, and customized, leadership training programs, while committing to gaining the experience, knowledge, judgment, and, hopefully, wisdom, which, often, differentiates our finest leaders, with the rest – of – the – pack! With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents, and why it matters.
1. Care; choices; consider; create; coordinate: How can one, effectively, serve and represent his constituents, unless/ until, he truly cares, about them, and their needs, and priorities? We each have choices, which we must consider, and us, to create, the best action, and strategic plan, which might coordinate the group’s activities, moving forward!
2. Options; opinions; opts: Determine the possibilities, and options, thoroughly, and consider, the best ones, to use, and opt – for! However, it is important to, consistently, recognize, and realize, one’s personal opinions, are, far – different, than actual facts!
3. Make mark; mean it; mentions: A great leader must realize, how important, it is, to mention others, and their contributions/ efforts, by name, because, for most of us, hearing our name, and, the sound of our own voice, are our favorite sounds!
4. Motivating; meaningful: A great leader must, consistently, attract a variety of stakeholders, and make them, more committed, etc! When, constituents, recognize, and believe, the individual, is sincere, and his words, and actions, are meaningful, the possibilities, for effective leadership, are, generally, enhanced!
5. Ordinary; order; outstanding: True leaders never permit, good – enough, to become, acceptable, and, must, rather, seek, and demand, their utmost degree of genuine excellence, leading to a better chance, for positive, outstanding results! One must master, both, the ordinary, and extraordinary necessities, of leading, and serving/ representing, and must create quality and order, from obstacles and challenges!
6. Needs; niche; niceties: How one masters, the niceties, without, sacrificing integrity, and high ethics, often, determines, his ability to address, and serve the needs, of his organization! It is important to recognize, each group, is different, in certain ways, and, a true leader, recognizes, and focuses, on the specific niche, etc!
The reality is, great leaders aren’t COMMON! If you wish, to become a true leader, will you commit to everything, needed, and necessary, on a regular, consistent basis!
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe