Do some aspects of how, our government officials, frustrate you, and even, create the famous feelings, that, I’m sick and tired, and not going to take it, anymore? When you decide, who to vote for, are you, swayed, by the hype, and rhetoric, or, do you pay attention to the science, and data? Instead of, deciding, based on what someone, claims, and his rhetoric, are you ready, willing, and able to go, straight, to the SOURCE, instead? It’s important, to realize, and recognize, the only way, to clearly, differentiate, between, rhetoric, etc, and, reality, is to clearly, understand, how data, is gathered, and the best way, to thoroughly, fully, accurately, interpret the raw information, on a regular basis! With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents, and why, this matters.
1. Self – serving; skewed: All – too – often, elected officials (and candidates), skew the data/ facts, in order to make it more, self – serving, and, personally, beneficial! The only way, we will have better, public leaders, is, if voters take more responsibility, in learning, and discovering, the beth path, to follow!
2. Options; opinions; organized; opts for: It takes commitment, and personal responsibility, for a voter, to evaluate, potential leaders, in an organized manner! Which ones are open – minded, enough, to weigh, the options, and differentiate, between opinions, and facts. Everyone is entitled, to their own opinions, but, not, their own set of facts! Be certain, the individual, each of us, opts for, is qualified, capable, well – suited, and able, to make a difference, for the better!
3. Useful; urgent: Don’t sweat the petty stuff! It’s amazing, if we paid attention, to, true priorities, rather than, less – important, ones, and put the urgent ones, first, our political process would become better, and more useful, etc!
4. Realistic; rationale: What good, is any opinion (even, idealism), unless/ until, it is based on a realistic, review, of needs, goals, priorities, strengths, weaknesses, and what, we want, the United States, of the future, to look – loke? Closely examine, every candidate’s rationale, for his statements, and whether, the data, backs, his opinions!
5. Character; clarity; creative: Each of us must realize, an individual’s quality of character, indicates, much, about, how, he might serve and represent, us! It takes voters clarity, and a leader’s willingness, to be, appropriately, creative, rather than, merely, limiting the possibilities, by using, the same – old, same – old, approaches, and ways!
6. Empathy; emphasis: Examine, which candidate, proceeds, consistently, with the utmost degree of genuine empathy! We need people, who place their emphasis, where it is most beneficial, for the common good, etc!
Are you willing, to look, at the SOURCE of the information, rather, than, merely, a politician’s, often – self – serving, version? Will you commit to being a more – responsible, voter?
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe