When it comes to cleaning the bathroom, there are no two ways about it: it needs to be done on a frequent basis. As such, you might want to reconsider the chemical-based cleaners that you use for the job. Not only are they dangerous to use, but also unnecessary, considering you can manage to accomplish most cleaning tasks with eco-friendly materials.
In this guide, we will go over a few working strategies that you can make use of. As for products, you will need three basics:
• Distilled white vinegar
• Baking soda
All of them are less toxic than you will find on the shelves in the supermarket. They are very easy to use and only require some knowledge on how to make the most of. Which is exactly what you take from these hacks.
• Clean the bathroom mirrors – if you want to clean your bathroom mirror and glass shower doors, you can use white vinegar. Spray a solution of one part vinegar and one part water on the glass, and wipe it dry with a microfiber cloth. If you wish to avoid streaks, you can use a newspaper. The result will always be a shining surface looking back at you.
• Clean the toilet – not only is a dirty toilet unpleasant to look at, but it is also unsanitary. Before you reach for the bleach, consider the fact that it is not a natural solution. It releases toxic chemicals, which can make your head feel dizzy. Instead, you can use half a cup of vinegar and 1tbsp of baking soda. Pour the mix inside the toilet and allow it to sit for about 20 minutes. Baking soda is abrasive, so a little scrubbing will do wonders, while vinegar will sanitise the area and remove any stains.
• Clean the sink and bath – in order to clean the bathtub and sink, you can use the same mix of white vinegar and water. Spray it on the surface, let it sit for about 20 minutes, and then give it a good scrub. The vinegar will remove any hard water deposits and mould stains. You can also try lemons for the task. Cut one in half, sprinkle some salt on it and use it as a scourer. Wipe away with water afterwards. As a bonus, you get a nice lemony fresh scent in the bathroom, in addition to clean surfaces.
• Unclog the drain – if you have a clogged drain, you need not despair. But you can address the situation with vinegar and baking soda. Pour some soda down the clogged drain, and follow up with half a cup of vinegar. The mixture will do some fizzling magic and be done with the clogged problem. Pour some boiling water to clear it out completely.
• Clean grouting – grouting is porous, and often has black spots of mould building up there. You can mix a paste of baking soda and water. Apply the solution with a toothbrush on the grout lines and then clean with water. The scrubbing effect of baking soda will deal with any impurities on the grout.
• Clean taps – you can remove watermarks on the taps and faucets in several different ways. You can rub a slice of lemon, which works very well. You can clean stainless steel with a touch of olive oil. Or you can always resort to the eco-friendly cleaning champion – vinegar. It makes quick work of watermarks and hard water deposits.
All of these eco-friendly methods for cleaning your bathroom work wonders. Make sure to try them out and you will see just how effective they are.
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe