For the last few decades, we have witnessed, an apparent, significant degree, of weakness, and lack – of – involvement, in many organizations (many, of, which, were once – strong)! For, over four decades, I have been involvement, in nearly, all aspects, related, to leading, and training/ development issues/ necessities, from identifying and qualifying, to training, developing, and consulting to, thousands of actual, and/ or, potential leaders, as well as serving, personally, as a leader, on a variety of times, and, believe, strongly, unless/ until, any organization, takes leadership training, seriously, and consistently, uses, a professionally – designed, program, to ensure, better efficiency (and, hopefully, results), this trend, will continue, in an undesirable manner! With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 6 essentials, to make this, as meaningful, and valuable, as possible.
1. Begin with the basics: Like, most wise ways, to proceed, in any venture, these programs, must begin with, and, emphasize, certain basics! Some of these, include: the value of truth/ integrity; motivating/ inspiring; empathy; a positive, can – do, attitude; a relevant aptitude, and/ or, skill – set! Remember, there is no such thing, as a born leader, so organizations, must properly, address these basics!
2. Customized for specific group: Since, there is no such thing, as one – size – fits – all, in terms of types, purposes, heritage/ history, vision/ mission, etc, of an organization, it is important, to consider these, in evaluating, who might be the best leader, for a specific group! Therefore, in addition, to properly explaining, and instilling, all the basic ingredients, all leaders, need, every organization, should personalize/ customize, their training program, to the specific needs/ necessities, strengths, and weaknesses, of the specific group!
3. How to answer questions/ address concerns: Often, the difference, between the finest leaders, and the rest – of – the – pack, is how, they handle, questions, and concerns, from others! I emphasize a 5 – step, approach/ technique, which, is time = proven, effective, and responds to what, is asked, etc! Briefly, these steps are: Restate the objections/ concerns (ensuring, you are answering the specific concern; empathy; answer/ address; recreate the need (motivate/ inspire), and close effectively.
4. Articulating; communicating; inspiring: Articulating a message, and quality communications, is, often, somewhat, different! It takes quality training to inspire and motivate those he serves and represents!
5. Developing future leaders: It is incumbent – upon, a real leader, to consistently, develop the best – possible, future leaders, to ensure, the organization, remains relevant, and sustainable, into the future!
6. Meeting – of – minds: Instead of emphasizing one’s personal/ political agenda, and risking, being a polarizing – figure, it is important to consistently, seek, a meeting – of – the – minds, for the greater good, every – day, in every way! Avoid anyone who lacks common sense, or demands, My way, or the highway!
Organizations which prioritize, using, professionally designed, well – considered, leadership training programs, generally, have the greatest chance, for success! Are you, up to the tasks?
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe