If, you are like, many others, you prepare a shopping list, before going to the store, in order to ensure, you remember to get, what you need, and are able, to finish your chores, as efficiently, as possible! For a variety of reasons, smart leaders proceed the same way, preparing to – do, lists, and using these, as a guide, in order to become, the best leader, they might possibly, be! After, over four decades of involvement in nearly all aspects, related to leading, from identifying and qualifying, to training, developing, and consulting to thousands of actual, and/ or, potential leaders, to, personally, serving, as a leader, on various occasions, I have learned to appreciate the value, of following this process! With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, and review, 5 reasons, the smartest (and, often, most effective), leaders, prepare and use, well – considered, carefully – prepared, lists.
1. Cover all the basics/ bases: I have learned, all – too – often, the well – considered, relevant, time – tested, basics, are ignored, and someone, forgets to include, touching, all meaningful bases, when preparing these! An individual, will, only, do so, when/ if, he is ready, willing, and/ or, able, to proceed, in the most meaningful manner!
2. Consider options/ alternatives: Often, the sign of quality leadership, is, considering viable options, and alternatives, with an open – mind, focused, on the best, path – forward, for the specific organization! Often, the difference, between, successful, and less – than – optimal, results, may be directly related to the thoroughness, and relevance, of these lists!
3. Organized: Although, as the saying, goes, Both the rich man, and the poor man, each have 24 hours, a day, the difference, often, is, how they use their time, we often witness, the degree of one’s organizational skills, differentiates, their degree of success, in a meaningful way!
4. Create strategy/ strategic plan: The smartest path, forward, to ensure one, avoids, spinning – his – wheels, and addresses the priorities, needs, goals, perceptions, vision, and mission, of a particular group, is to carefully, thoroughly, take advantage of comprehensive, true, strategic planning, in order to determine the best way, to serve and represent one’s group, as effectively, as possible!
5. Perceive and conceive of, create, and implement action plans: Real leaders must perceive and conceive of, what is needed, in the immediate – term, shorter – run, intermediate, and longer – run, from the onset! This must guide someone, to properly, create, and implement, the most relevant, sustainable action plan, to determine, how to proceed!
A smart leader should prepare lists, to ensure, he is, as effective, as possible! Are you, up to the task?
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe