How can anyone consider himself, a true leader, unless/ until, he prioritizes, unifying his group, and bringing people together, for the greater good, rather than, resorting to, polarization, and dividing people, by their rhetoric, and actions (or lack of)? After, over four decades, of involvement, in nearly, every aspect, related to leading, effectively, from identifying and qualifying, to training, developing, and consulting to thousands of actual, and/ or, potential leaders, as well as personally, serving as a leader (on several occasions), I have come to strongly believe, organizations need to prioritize, training potential leaders, to be prepared, to unify constituents, in a meaningful way! With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 5 key steps, for quality, unifying leadership.
1. Begin with an open – mind: One must be ready, willing, and able, to prioritize, possessing and maintaining, an open – mind, in order to consider the finest, possible, options and alternatives! Great leaders must focus on considering, whatever, might, make a significant difference, for the better, for the constituents, he was elected, to serve and represent, as well as for the specific organization!
2. Ask lots of relevant questions: A true leader is someone, who doesn’t believe (or act, as if he does), he has all the answers, but, asks, consistently, quality, relevant, probing questions, in order to better understand, the choices, and be prepared, to choose the best path, to choose! To do so, takes the commitment, and discipline, to listen effectively (and, far – more, than one speaks), in order to learn, from every conversation, and experience,and proceed, consistently, with better knowledge, expertise, and, hopefully, greater judgment, and wisdom!
3. Seek common ground/ meeting – of – minds: Groups must try to avoid, choosing, leaders, who possess, an attitude, of, My way or the highway! Rather, in order to unify, and make a relevant, sustainable, contribution, one must seek some sort of common ground, with the attention of attaining, a true. meeting – of – the – minds, for the greater good!
4. Inclusive strategic planning: Inclusive strategic planning, must, focus – on, and be, based, on, taking this process, seriously! To do this, a combination of factors, must be considered, including: group’s history and heritage; current needs, strengths, and weaknesses; options and alternatives; choosing the best path – forward; financial considerations; and making the finest decisions, based on a keen understanding of all relevant details!
5. Well – considered, thorough, action plan: Even, the finest strategies, unless/ until, they are transformed, to well – considered, action plans, which include a preferred approach, as well as, viable, relevant contingency ones, is needed, and necessary!
If you want to be a meaningful, true leader, you must be ready, willing, and able to prioritize, unifying stakeholders, and the group! Are you, up to the tasks, and requirements?
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe