Each of us, defines, personal happiness, in a somewhat different manner! So many books, articles, and songs, have been written, on some aspects of this concept, yet, few of us, actually, conquer the obstacles, to proceed, in a personally, HAPPY way! After, over four decades, of conducting personal development/ growth, and self – help, seminars and programs, I often contemplate, what goes into this feeling/ emotion, etc, and possible ways, to consider, everything, thrust in one’s path, as a challenge, to overcome, rather than, some, debilitating problem! With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents, and why it matters.
1. Honor; honorable; head/ heart; healing: Most claim, proceeding with personal honor, brings them greater happiness, and self – satisfaction! Therefore, wouldn’t it make sense, for ua, to proceed, in a manner, we perceive, as honorable, in order to enhance our self – esteem, etc? To do so, it is important to proceed, in a head/ heart manner, considering, both, the logical, as well as emotional reasons, which might, make us, feel better, about ourself! When one proceeds, in a personally, healing manner, it usually makes him, somewhat, happy!
2. Attitude; attention; actions: Only, when you, proceed, forward, with a realistic, but, positive, can – do, attitude, rather than a defeatist – one, will his mindset, permit him to pay attention, to the reasons, to succeed, rather than focusing on, all the possible reasons, why, one might not! This must align, with personal actions, which emphasize, serving your best interests, while, simultaneously, making you feel, much better!
3. Personal; priorities; perceptions: Will you consider, your personal needs, preferences, and priorities, and the perceptions, which might make a significant difference, for the better?
4. Purpose; planning: Have you ever, taken the time, and made a concerted effort, to proceed, giving yourself, a check – up, from the neck – up, in a truly, objective manner? It takes a significant degree of meaningful planning, to serve your best – interests!
5. Yes: Instead of negative, pessimistic, self – defeating, thinking, achieving true happiness, requires, the ability, to, proactively, say, Yes, to your personal, self – interests, and using your efforts, to be as happy, as possible!
Are you ready, willing, and able, to commit, to being, HAPPY, and will you take all necessary actions, etc, to achieve this feeling of self – satisfaction? If you want to be happy, for the rest of your life!
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe